Why Directed IRA &
Directed Trust Company?
We Are Experts in This Field
Founder and CEO, is an attorney, best-selling author, and a national speaker and expert on self-directed retirement accounts.
Mat received a B.S. in Economics from the University of Utah in 2001 and his Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland School of Law in 2004.
He has been published, referenced, cited, or quoted by The Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Yahoo Finance on self-directed IRA topics.
Mark J. Kohler
Founder and CFO, is an attorney, CPA, and best-selling author of 4 books (3 of which have chapters on self-directed IRAs).
Mark is a personal and small business tax and legal expert, who helps clients build and protect wealth through wealth management strategies, and business and tax remedies often overlooked in this challenging, ever-changing economic climate. His seminars have helped tens of thousands of individuals and small business owners navigate the maze of legal, regulatory and financial laws to greater success and wealth.
Mark received his B.S. and M.Pr.A. in Accounting from the University of Utah, and his Juris Doctor from Willamette University in 2000.
For Self-Directed Investors By Self-Directed Investors
- Our Officers and Board of Directors all self-direct their retirement. We approach our business from the standpoint of the self-directed investor.
You Can Trust Our Business Structure
- Regulated Trust Company by the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions
- We follow strict capital requirements required by licensed financial institutions.
- Annual outside audits by third-party CPAs
- Regular examinations by our banking department regulators.
- Financial institution insurance and bonding.
Board of Directors
- Mathew Sorensen and Mark Kohler serve on the board of directors along with John Shekarchi, Lou Bachetti, and John Sabey.