Welcome to the
Directed IRA Podcast
The #1 podcast on self-directing your
IRAs and taking control of your retirement™
Directed IRA Podcast Overview
What is a Self-Directed IRA?
Getting Started (Episode 1:)
Hosted by Mat Sorensen, bestselling author of The Self Directed IRA Handbook, and Aaron Halderman, COO of Directed IRA With special guest Bill Predebon, Founder/President, Creative Solutions Investments, LLC
Creative Solutions Investments, LLC, (CSI, LLC) is a Real Estate Investing Company, specializing in Fix and Flip short-term investments, creative financing, and creative investing strategies. Ultimately, long-term buy and hold strategies.
- Funding your deals including joint ventures, partnerships, and capital investments secured by DOT, among others.
- Using other people’s IRAs to invest in real estate and more.
- Expanding your existing real estate business if you are a real estate broker or investor.
They also answered deal funding questions Live!
EP 77: Open Forum – Self-Directed IRA Q&A on Start-Ups, Syndicates, RMD, Crypto, FDIC, Side Door Solo 401k
Bestselling authors, Mat Sorensen of, “The Self-Directed IRA Handbook,” and Mark J. Kohler, “The Tax & Legal Playbook,” answer your questions on buying alternative assets with retirement accounts including:
- Investing in a start-up with a Roth IRA.
- What happens to a 401k or self-directed IRA that has invested in a syndication when retiring.
- How to best plan for Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).
- The difference between a Trust Company vs. Third Party Administrator (TPA).
- What you need to know about FDIC Insurance when investing in alternative assets.
- Understand the Side Door Solo 401k.
Mat Sorensen and Mark J. Kohler explain everything you need to know about the increased contribution limits for 2022. They walk through the rules and common strategies people use to get more money into their retirement accounts. They show how to avoid jacking up your account. This episode will have you perfectly prepared to max out your retirement account!
Solo 401k Special 2022 – Learn more
As a real estate professional, you can have a major edge. There is $35 trillion in retirement accounts in the U.S. that can buy real estate! Bestselling authors, Mat Sorensen and Mark J. Kohler explain a powerful strategy to sell more real estate and walk you through the structure of it step-by-step (you can see the whiteboard diagramming via the YouTube link). Are you a realtor? Are you using a tax-free bucket? There are so many gems in this podcast episode that will get you excited about real estate investing.
How can you be the best parents? Get your kids saving!
Bestselling authors, Mat Sorensen and Mark J. Kohler share their real-life experiences of how they got their kids set up with Roth IRAs. In this podcast episode, they walk you through the exact steps to create a legacy for your children. They also provide a very useful tax tool to be able to turbo-charge saving with small steps.
When you help your kids understand money, they have the ability to build wealth. Get a pad and pen ready because you’ll want to write down the Kid’s Roth IRA strategy!
In this webinar Mat Sorensen, CEO, and Aaron Halderman, COO of Directed IRA discussed everything you need to know about Solo 401(k)s including:
- 4 Key Points to Consider When Using a Solo 401(k)
- Do I Need an LLC to have a Solo 401(k)
- What are the Qualifications.
- What is a Side-door Solo 401(k)
- Increased Contribution Limits for 2022.
- UDFI Tax
- Contribution Deadlines: Rules, Steps, and Strategies
Mat & Aaron also answered numerous Solo 401k questions regarding account qualification and types of strategies.
Download the presentation slides that include the Solo 401(k) Account Guide.
The IRA LLC and Checkbook IRA is one of the best tax savings tools. It provides many opportunities but you’ve got to know the rules to avoid making mistakes.
Think of this podcast episode as your “IRA LLC Safety Class,” led by Mat Sorensen and Mark J. Kohler as they guide you past possible pitfalls including
- Wrong Set up for Your IRA LLC or Checkbook IRA.
- Why You Must Respect The Prohibited Transaction Rules.
- Incorrectly Putting Money into Your IRA.
- Misunderstanding Taking a Distribution.
- The Consequences of Not Keeping Your LLC Up To Date.
- Operating Incorrectly Your Checkbook IRA with Case Studies.
Take notes and listen to this episode again to maximize the power of IRA LLCs and Checkbook IRAs!
EP71: Open Forum – Your Questions Answered on Real Estate in a Roth IRA, Short Term Rentals, UBIT Tax
You asked and bestselling authors, Mat Sorensen & Mark J. Kohler answered your self-directing IRA questions! Can you self-direct in multi-family syndication with a self-directed Roth IRA? Is UBIT or UDFI due with a debt structure? Can you own an Airbnb Rental property outside the U.S. in an IRA? These were a handful of the many questions tax attorneys and bestselling authors, Mat Sorensen & Mark J. Kohler answered on self-directing with an IRA. In this Directed IRA Podcast episode they provided insight on:
- Real Estate in a Roth IRA
- Short Term Rentals
- Solo 401k Qualification
- Mega Backdoor Roth
- And more!